Bordighera is a small, seaside town with approximately 10,000 residents. There are many places of interest to visit, such as churches, historic villas and you can discover many exotic gardens like Pallanca Gardens. Then there is the Mediterranean Sea which Bordighera has won the Blue Flag 14 times, for the cleanest sea in Italy. Our beaches have pebbles and rocks and give you the possibility to go snorkeling and scuba diving.
You can enjoy a stroll along the Promenade Argentina (named after a visit by Eva Peron) and relax with a cappuccino or ‘gelato’ (ice-cream). Bordighera also has a fascinating history with the English from the time of Queen Victoria. We are only 15 minutes from France (by motorway) and also close to beautiful places such as Hanbury Gardens, Menton, Cap Ferrat (where you can visit the famous (Villa Rothschild), Nice, Monaco and Cannes. You mustn’t forget to visit the medieval villages of Dolceacqua and Apricale, which were both awarded the Orange Flag as the most beautiful hamlets in the whole of Italy. Also we recommend visits to Perinaldo, Seborga and Triora (the village of Witches) and can organize trips for guests in our minibus.
We are not far from Sanremo and Bussana Vecchia, which was badly damaged by an earthquake in 1987 and in the 1960’s it became a hamlet for artists. If you love classical music, Cervo, not far from Sanremo, hosts numerous concerts every year.
If you love sports, there are many different types to choose from:
- Cycling you can hire a bicycle from Ospedaletti ot Sanremo to ride a special cycling track that connects Ospedaletti to San Lorenzo
- Trekking and mountain biking. There are many tracks in the hinterland where you can discover the medieval villages such as Rocchetta Nervina which has a lovely river with pool areas where you can swim and sunbathe on large, flat rocks
- Whale Watching. If you’d like to go whale watching it’s possible all year round. From the port of Bordighera you can have an incredible experience of dolphins and whales
- Water sports. Try windsurfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkelling, or scuba divin
- Other sports. If you prefer to play golf, there are two courses to choose from, in Sanremo or Garlenda, near Albenga
- Bordighera has the first tennis court in Italy which was introduced by the English
- Horseriding is available in Dolceacqua where you can explore some areas of natural beauty.
- February: Lemon Festival in Menton and Music Festival in Sanremo
- March: Flower Festival in Sanremo and Women’s Festival in Bordighera
- April: Palm and Easter Sunday church procession in Bordighera. Tennis tournament “Rolex Masters” in Monaco
- May: 14th Saint Ampelio, patron of Bordighera with fireworks display Historic Grand Prix and Formula 1 in Monaco
- June/July/August: local “festas” (traditional parties) in all the medieval villages with music and food specialities
- September: for book lovers, there is the book festival in Bordighera
- October: Halloween in Triora
- December: Christmas market in Bordighera and Ventimiglia, concerts,nativity and Festa di Antichi Mestieri in Isolabona.
We’d like to help you have an unfogettable holiday, so please ask reception if there is anything we can organise for you.