Pilates at Villa Elisa
For all ages – from teenage onwards.
Athletes, non-athletes, rehabilitation patients and pre and post natal.
A body and mind discipline.
Stott Pilates™ has incorporated new knowledge of biomechanics to the concepts and principles of the original method of the late Joseph H. Pilates.
Whether working with a rehabilitation client or with a small group, the aim of Stott Pilates is the same: optimal musculoskeletal performance – strength, flexibility and endurance – without risk of injury or building bulky muscles. With a focus on core stability, including pelvic and shoulder girdle stabilization, neutral alignment and breathing, Stott Pilates also helps restore the natural curves of the spine, relieve tension and enhance self-confidence. The result : a better balanced and aligned body that looks fit, feels revitalized and moves with ease – important goals for clients – whether they are rehab patients or elite athletes.
“If at the age of 30 you are stiff and out of shape, you are old. If at the age of 60 you are supple and strong then you are young.” Joseph H. Pilates
- Longer leaner muscles
- Core strength and stability
- Injury prevention
- Relief from stress and back pain
- Better posture
- Improved balance and coordination
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Effective post-rehabilitation
- Heightened mind-body awareness
- Increased self-confidence
Pilates One-to one
- Individual lessons for those who wish to follow a personal program focused on their physical state, capability and posture.
- Static and dynamic posture will be evaluated and the individual will follow a personalized program
- The benefits will be more evident and more rapid that otherwise obtained when working in a group.
- For individuals who have pathologies/injuries of the spine or other joints.
- Ideal for sport persons who wish to obtain better results.
- For pre and post natal
Pilates in small groups (maximum 4 persons)
For persons without pathologies or injuries.
Since the groups are small the instructor will be able to pay specific attention to each client and various modifications will be made to different individuals according to their posture.
Pilates pre and post natal
Pilates offers risk – free exercise, which allows the pregnant woman to continue to exercise helping her to face birth and improving her psychological well being. Obviously the exercises will be continuously modified following the physical and hormonal changes of pregnancy maintaining maximum safety for mother and fetus.
Before beginning pilates lessons it is necessary to have permission from your doctor/obstetrician.
IT IS NOT ADVISABLE TO BEGIN PHSICAL ACTIVITY WHEN PREGNANT UNLESS ONE HAS BEEN CARRYING OUT PHYSICAL ACTIVITY BEFOREHAND.
Pilates helps the mother to regain her fitness and shape. Postnatal women can start pilates lessons 4/6 weeks after birth with permission of her doctor/obstetrician.
Pilates at Hotel Villa Elisa
Via Romana 70, 18012 Bordighera.
IM KATHY WAY
Stott Pilates ™Certified Instructor, Injuries and Special Populations. Personal trainer. Delos Certified Advanced Expert.
Tel. 328 7127869 firstname.lastname@example.org